Number of Post
Name of post
10% of [F]
Constable/Driver – Direct
Constable/(Driver -Cum -Pump -Operator) (i.e. Driver for
fire services) –Direct
Starting Date- 23/01/2023
Last Date- 22/02/2023
For General, SC and OBC candidates (Except those in (b) below)
Minimum 80 Cms with minimum expansion of 05
CMs i.e. 80 – 85
Relaxed standards ;
Minimum 78 Cms with minimum expansion of 05
CMs i.e. 78-83
in respect of persons falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas**, Dogras, Marathas subject to production of certificate as
per Appendix-‘D’ and
candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir subject to production of either domicile
Certificate or Certificate as per Appendix-‘D’.
** Candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following “Mouzas” Sub-Division of these Districts:
(1) Lohagarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga
(5) Panighata (6) Chota Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Part-I
(10) Pantapati Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) Salibari Chhat Part-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17) Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania
The above standards [Para 5.5 (b) (i) & (ii)] will be applicable for all categories
i.e. General, SC, OBC & EWS
All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes.
Minimum 76 Cms with minimum expansion of 05
CMs i.e. 76 – 81
NOTE: ESM candidates are eligible for Total relaxation in physical standards.
However their physical standard will be measured and recorded in Document.
- 5.2 Educational Qualification :
- 5.2.1 The candidate should have passed Matriculation or equivalent qualification from a recognized
- 5.2.2 Educational certificate other than State Board/Central Board should be accompanied with
- Government of India notification declaring that such qualification is equivalent to Matric/10ᵗʰ
- class pass for service under Central Government.
- 5.3 Driving Licence :
- 5.3.1 The candidate should have a valid driving licence in the following type of vehicles :-
- a) Heavy Motor Vehicle or Transport Vehicle (HMV/TV) ;
- b) Light Motor Vehicle;
- c) Motor cycle with gear;
- Attention is drawn to the following clause in the Motor Vehicle Act 1988,
- a) Section (4) Age limit in connection with Driving of Motor Vehicles
- i. No person under the age of 18 years shall drive a Motor Vehicle in any public place.
- ii. No person under the age of 20 years shall drive a Transport Vehicle in any public place.
- b) Section (7) Restrictions on the granting of Learners License for certain Vehicles
- i. No person shall be granted a learners licence to drive a Transport Vehicle unless he has held a
- driving licence to drive a Light Motor Vehicle for at least 01 year.
- Note :
- a) Unless the above provisions of Motor Vehicle Act are complied in the documents (Driving Licence)
- submitted by the candidates, the Driving Licence will be treated as invalid as per Motor Vehicle
- Act and the candidature will be rejected.
- 5.4 Experience :
- 03 years experience of driving Heavy Motor Vehicle or Transport Vehicle or Light Motor Vehicles and
- Motor Cycle.
- The experience for above driving shall be calculated from the date of issuance of the respective
- licences. The cut-off date shall be the closing date of receipt of application
- i.e. 22.02.2023.